Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Spy checks in

This from our favorite traitor, he will guest write often, I hope :

The following is my first attempt at a blog post. I do not hold any grand aspirations of blogging fame, and I do not believe that this will some day lead me to a life of sitting on a couch writing about the teams I love a la ESPN’s “The Sports Guy.” I’m writing this because my dear friend the editor has given me a forum, and who am I to pass up the opportunity?

This first one will largely be about me, but will not, and could not, cover everything. I’m sure most of my character, IE flaws, will come through my writings so I will not bore you with them here.

First and foremost, I have already lied to you. Twice. I mentioned earlier that I didn’t think this was going to lead to me writing about the “teams” I love. Well, that is based on the fact that I only truly love one team. I’m an NFL and NCAA football fan, I appreciate hockey, basically can’t stand basketball, and love the Yanks.

My second lie was of a more devious nature – I believe the editor of this blog to be nothing more than a conduit through which I can voice my opinion. He often refers to me as a “spy,” but only because Girardi knows me by name and he’s jealous. I’ll say it here for all to see – I’ll fight the editor. And win. Actually, fighting is rather barbaric. I challenge the editor to a decathlon of events. Much like ESPN’s Mike and Mike did last summer. We could sell t-shirts and tickets and give away prizes!

I digress.

On to me. As previously stated, I am a diehard Yankee fan. But, even with my diehard status largely intact, I refuse to refer to the team as “we.” I couldn’t hit major league pitching if my life depended on it, or catch a hot shot off the bat of papi at first… so I really have no business including myself in their victories or defeats. And, unless you get checks every two weeks signed by Trost, neither do you.

Politically, I have a largely libertarian sentiment. I believe the idea that more government involvement in ANYTHING (re: health care) is a bad one. More on things of this nature later.

Personally, I am a, largely sheltered, 22 year old with no idea what he wants to do with his life. While that may describe most 22 year olds, I feel the need to point it out every so often. I’m not sure how this blogging thing will work out for me, or the editor, but it could be fun.

bluebloodedduck

No comments:

Post a Comment