Thursday, August 27, 2009

He's no Rhodes Scholar to begin with- Epstein on Pappelbon

"I think Pap feels like he was misunderstood," Epstein told the Boston media. "He's not a Rhodes Scholar to begin with, obviously. When I talked to him directly about it, he couldn't have been more excited about the prospect of adding Billy Wagner."

Where do I start with this? First of all Jonathon Papelbon is a loud mouth, first class jerk off. Has anyone else noticed how many negative stories have been spilling out of Boston since the Yankees have gone on their tear after the series in Atlanta? From the Papi story, the Stadium sweep and now this. It seems like they are getting the excuse engine cranked up early. But this one really makes me smile.

"He's no Rhodes Scholar to begin with" Translation = He's a fucking retard who should be screened before we allow him to speak with the media because he consistently makes us look like donkey's.

Let us take a look at two of my favorite Pappelbon quotes from last season:

"I feel like I needed to be in a bulletproof car," - on New York fans during the All-Star parade. Only after he made this comment:

“If I was managing the team, I would close. … But I’m not managing the team,” This was in reference to the 2008 All-Star game. A game where he was pitching out of the same bullpen as the IMMORTAL Mariano Rivera, in Mariano's damn stadium. Are you delusional Mr. Pappelbon. So Theo is right, it's safe to say he is no Rhodes Scholar.

Also if we are talking about Rhodes Scholars I should mention Myron Rolle, the Florida State Defensive back who was the first major-college football player of his generation to win what is considered the world’s most prestigious postgraduate academic scholarship.

Nice little day game today for the Yanks, a W takes the series, in a season where it recently has seemed impossible to lose a series.

Burnett isn't pitching to Posada, Girardi claims it's only because it's a day game after a night game and Jorge hurt a finger last night. I say that's just convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment